These are the reusable, plastic-free AND all-natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents. Soap nuts are the shells of berries from trees found in Nepal and India. When they absorb water, the shells of these berries release a natural chemical called Saponin, which suds up like other laundry detergents! While they are called nuts, they are actually dried berries, making them safe for anybody with nut allergies!
This little half-ounce box is perfect for testing out whether soap nuts are the right laundry solution for you and is good for 10 loads of laundry!
How to use
1. Place 4-5 soap nuts in the (included) pouch and tie closed.
2. Toss the bag in the washer with your laundry
3. As your washer starts, the berries will absorb water and start to clean your clothes, acting as both a detergent and a fabric softener!
4. When the cycle is complete, toss them in the next load of laundry or set them aside to dry when you’re done doing laundry.
5. Reuse the soap nuts up to 10 times! Once the shells become brittle or paper thin, toss the nuts in the compost and start with a new batch.